A blog to follow up from "Who's Driving?" posted a couple of days ago. There are many songs that speak to me about my Christian Life and they don't have to be "Christian" songs that we might sing in church or recorded by Christian artists. Roger's comment got me thinking – not a country fan but a nice song that can speak to a person. So it got me thinking as to what secular songs or artists that you listen to speak to you and encourage you in your faith? It doesn't even have to be a whole song, it can just be a refrain or a chorus. I've started off with a few from the top of my head. These are some of my favourites…what are yours?
- Jesus Take The Wheel – Carrie Underwood
- Hold My Hand – Hootie and The Blowfish
- Standing Outside the Fire – Garth Brooks
- Beautiful Day – U2
- I Believe I Can Fly – R Kelly
- The Living Years – Mike & The Mechanics