Just a quick post today on faith! We had a great time at All Nations Church yesterday and as well as a great message on hearing the word of the Lord from Andrew Caughey, in our worship we were led to 'Confidently Expect' of the Lord…
We heard testimony of prayers asked and answered:
- Colleen shared a bout a lady who she had recently led to the Lord but who was unable to conceive and had been on a plan of IVF treatment for 6 years when Colleen said that she would pray for her – she's now pregnant!
- I had woken up Sunday morning with the same migraine I had had for most of the Saturday. I went to the gathering, the great men and women of the worship team laid hands on me and declared healing in the Name of Jesus and my head was immediately healed, no slight improvement, no relapse later in the day – HEALED!
During our time of praising and blessing God, Nick Matheson (a great guy!) brought the prophetic word that God is able to do what he has said He will do and specifically in the areas of health, prosperity and for the ability to create wealth. This led us to a time of calling on God for those things that God has laid on our heart – we cried out in a confident expectation and believed that as we asked, that by faith, we have already received! I cannot wait to hear the testimonies that will come. Hallelujah!
So with my thoughts on Faith and confidently expecting, I thought I would share with you some of my favourite quotes on faith to stir you and take you into the week ahead with a full heart of expectation in our Lord!
- The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It's our handle on what we can't see. 2The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd. (Hebrews 11:1-2 Message)
- Faith is believing in advance what can only be understood in reverse (Chuck Swindoll)
- Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible (Corrie Ten Boom)
- Faith enables us to move through the storms carrying our calm with us (J. Holmes)
- God doesn't want us to know that he is faithful just because the Bible says so, but He wants to show himself faithful in our lives (Robert Ekh)
- Faith is unutterable trust in God, trust which never dreams that He will no stand by us. (Oswald Chambers)
- Faith expects from God what is above all expectation (Andrew Murray)
Can I also recommend that you make time to look at the great section on 'Principles of Faith' by Roger Aubrey. Either click on his name in the blog roll to the right or click here to go his section of the website of All Nations Church